What can Edi do?
- Mail merge into multiple PDF files
- Encrypt each PDF file with an individuall password
- Send encrypted PDF as email attachments, according to the GDPR
- Name each PDF file individually in your serial letter
- Use your existing Word, OpenOffice and Excel documents as mail merge templates
- Download additional mail merge templates from the online repository
- Mail merge Master-Detail reports (e.g. invoice, payment reminder, catering menu) new!
What is Edi?
Edi is a spreadsheet (data view) and a word processor (text view) in a single program.
You can switch between the both views as much as you like and mail merge perfectly formatted customer letters, reports, invoices and other serial letters within a few minutes.
- Define the serial letter data in the data view. Then switch to the word processor view.
- Drag the serial letter fields onto the text document.
Due to the internal link between the data and the text view - your mail merge fields stay always in sync.
Is Edi secure?
With Edi you don't have to worry if your valuable customer data could be spied by dubious cloud PDF generators, or if the data would be no more accessible due to a bankruptcy of the online service.
- Edi is a desktop application, installed on your local computer.
- Edi stores data on your local hard disk, as Xlsx, Docx or Odt.
- Due to the storing as Xlsx (no MS Office required), you can easily export your data to other programs.
According to the GDPR , there is no data processing agreement (DPA) required to mail merge with Edi.
Why Edi is better than MS Office?
Edi merges the best of Word and Excel.
In the data view, you can format numeric values of your serial letter fields, define conditional formulas (IF...THEN...ELSE), create complex spreadsheet calculations, use mathematical or statistical formulas, group the serial letter data in the easy way, you know from MS Excel.
In the text view you can insert tables, pictures into your serial letter, like you do it in MS Word.
Additionally, Edi eliminates known disadvantages of mail merge with MS Office. You do not need to save your MS Excel spreadsheets as files and reopen them again in MS Word for mail merge. With Edi you don't have to switch between multiple applications for mail merge any more.
Edi supports advanced scenarios of serial letter customization. You're able to name mail merge document individually for each customer, or encrypt each PDF document with a different password, or simply address mail merge recipient personally with individual greeting or email subject.
Edi can generate master-detail reports (e.g. an invoice with a single customer data and multiple purchased items per page).
Additionaly Edi can track your invoice history.
Edi can use Ms Excel files as data source and save documents as Pdf, Doc, Docx, Odt, Epub, Mht or Html.
Neither MS Office nor OpenOffice is needed.
What are the benefits for you?
Edi can considerably raise your productivity in the following scenarios:
- Create quickly a letter, based on an online template.
- Mail merge as encrypted PDF, conform to GDPR
- Encrypt each PDF document in your serial letter with different password
- Customize document name for each customer in your serial letter
- Speak to each customer individually using conditional formulas (if A equals 0 then show B, otherwise show C).
- Use complex computational formulas (finance, logical, statistical, math) in your text documents.
With Edi you control your data to 100%.
Check out the following usage example of Edi:
Is Edi for free?
You may use Edi FREE without registration and without any obligations at no cost, as long as you wish, even for commercial purposes. With Edi FREE you can mail merge into multiple PDF files and send them as an email.
In case, more functionality is needed - you can upgrade to Edi PRO.
Do you need a completely customized serial letter generator - let us know about it.
Pay only once for Edi PRO and you may use it lifelong. There are no subscriptions and no other hidden fees. Edi is On-Premises-Software. It installs on your computer completely locally. There are no third party cloud providers involved. Your data belongs 100% to you and it stays 100% with you.
What others say about Edi?
"Edi - Text Editor" has been tested in the Softpedia labs using several industry-leading security solutions and found to be completely clean of adware/spyware components. We are impressed with the quality of your product and encourage you to keep these high standards in the future." - Softpedia labs