What can Edi do?
- Mail merge into multiple PDF files
- Encrypt each PDF file with an individuall password
- Send encrypted PDF as email attachments, according to the GDPR
- Name each PDF file individually in your serial letter
- Use Word, OpenOffice and Excel documents as mail merge templates
- Download additional mail merge templates from the online repository
- Mail merge Master-Detail reports (e.g. invoice, payment reminder, catering menu) new!
What is Edi?
Edi is a spreadsheet and a word processor in a single program. With Edi you can create perfectly formatted customer letters, reports, invoices and other serial letters. Edi can mail merge as Pdf, Doc, Docx, Odt, Epub, Mht, Html files and additionally send personalized customer letters as emails.
First you define data in the spreadsheet view. Then you switch to the word processor view. There you insert document fields into the text document.
You can switch between the spreadsheet and the word processor as much as you like. Your document is always up to date and shows the latest spreadsheet data.
Edi is a desktop application. It stores your data conform to the GDPR - completely locally. For creating serial letters with Edi is no data processing agreement (DPA) required.
With Edi you don't have to worry if your valuable customer data could be spied by dubious cloud PDF generators.
Why Edi is better than MS Office?
Edi supports advanced scenarios of serial letter customization. You're able to name mail merge document individually for each customer, or encrypt each PDF document with a different password, or simply address mail merge recipient personally with individual greeting or email subject.
You can create complex spreadsheet calculations, use mathematical or statistical formulas, group and format your data in the way, you know from MS Excel. You can easily merge the data with document layout and create perfectly formatted serial letters in a few minutes.
Edi can generate master-detail reports (e.g. an invoice with a single customer data and multiple purchased items per page). With Edi you can easily track your invoice history.
Additionally, Edi eliminates known disadvantages of mail merge with MS Office. You do not need to save your MS Excel spreadsheets as files and reopen them again in MS Word for mail merge. With Edi you don't have to switch between multiple applications for mail merge any more.
Edi can use Ms Excel files as data source and save documents as Pdf, Doc, Docx, Odt, Epub, Mht or Html.
Neither MS Office nor OpenOffice is needed.
What are the benefits for you?
Edi can considerably raise your productivity in the following scenarios:
- Create quickly a letter, based on an online template.
- Mail merge as encrypted PDF, conform to GDPR
- Encrypt each PDF document in your serial letter with different password
- Customize document name for each customer in your serial letter
- Speak to each customer individually using conditional formulas (if A equals 0 then show B, otherwise show C).
- Use complex computational formulas (finance, logical, statistical, math) in your text documents.
Check out the following usage example of Edi:
Is Edi for free?
You may use Edi FREE without registration and without any obligations at no cost, as long as you wish, even for commercial purposes. With Edi FREE you can mail merge into multiple PDF files and send them as an email.
In case, more functionality is needed - you can upgrade to Edi PRO.
Do you need a completely customized serial letter generator - let us know about it.
Pay only once for Edi PRO and you may use it lifelong. There are no subscriptions and no other hidden fees. Edi is On-Premises-Software. It installs on your computer completely locally. There are no third party cloud providers involved. Your data belongs 100% to you and it stays 100% with you.
What others say about Edi?
"Edi - Text Editor" has been tested in the Softpedia labs using several industry-leading security solutions and found to be completely clean of adware/spyware components. We are impressed with the quality of your product and encourage you to keep these high standards in the future." - Softpedia labs