The users of Edi PRO v.2 may use the latest version 3 without purchasing the upgrade!
There is only one Hybrid-Installer for Windows 32/64 bit and English/German user interface.
Computer with 32- or 64-bit operating system:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.x
- Windows 7
Edi requires .NET Framework 4.7.2, which is a standard component of Windows 10. The .NET Framework is a recommended Windows Update (
Check for updates).
- fix: an error is thrown, if there are detail fields defined in a list.
- new: A selected spreadsheet range can be optionally printed
- fix: The error: "Specified document position or range belongs to other document or subdocument.." was shown after editing header or footer.
- new: Master-Detail report
- new: Multiple document attachments per email
- new: Completely rewritten installer
- new: Communication with insecure, company internal email server is accepted
- fix: the port number was always reset to 25 in the SMTP server editor
- new: Documents can be send as email attachments
- new: Multiple email recipients can be defined (CC, BCC)
- new: Field names and values can be selected automatically
- new: Polish user interface
- new: PDF documents can be encrypted for mail merge
- new: Email communication is secured with TLS/SSL
- new: Dialog for downloading document templates from the online database of Edi.
- new: Mail merge as Email.
- new: The email fields "subject" and "recipient" accept personalized cell values from spreadsheet.
- new: An Edi project can be used as a document template.
- new: data range is automatically updated after the column/row count or the worksheet name is changed.
- fix: program settings are automatically taken from the previous program version during update.
- new: Document can be opened using the "open with" from context menu in Windows Explorer.
- new: the project file can be shown in Windows Explorer.
- fix: Formulas were available only in german language.
- fix: An exception has occured if documents were saved or deleted in a read only folder.
- new: completely redesigned User Interface.
- new: Spreadsheet functionality.
- new: based on .NET 4.5.2.
- breaking change: the *.edi document format known from Edi 1.x is obsolete and no more supported.
- new: Admin rights are no more needed for installing (if .NET 4,0 Client Profile is installed).
- new: Support for Windows 8.
- new: Mail Merge.
- new: Variables can be placed in header and footer.
- Initial release.
Edi 3.3 portable.zip (.NET 4.7.2 required)